For a well-known client operating in the United Arab Emirates I am currently in search of Nuclear Security Operational Readiness Assistance (SME). The client is offering a 12 month contract, with a possibility for extension.
To provide input & direction as a “Subject Matter Expert” (SME) to support the implementation of required Security processes, programs and the site Operation Readiness (i.e. Fuel Load, Testing, Commissioning, Full Power Operations).
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and technical advisor in the implementation of Security processes, programs to support Site Physical Security Operational Readiness
- Provide technical advice necessary for the implementation of Procedures, Guidelines, Post Orders, Training, etc… to support Security program readiness for efficient plant operation
- Conduct daily checks to confirm the effective implementation efforts of Security processes, programs, troubleshoot and provide support for prompt resolution of all issues.
- Review, prioritize and recommend security process, program improvements as they relate to the achievement of Site Physical Security Operational Readiness
- Assist in the implementation of Site Equipment Performance, Testing and Maintenance; & Safety & Security Interface Programs
- Provide mentoring in the areas of security to present and future Client’s security staff to ensure knowledge transfer and staff development
- 8 – 10 years relevant job experience in commercial nuclear security operations
- Experience designing or managing nuclear security programs and/or systems
- Diploma or Industry equivalent
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Attention to detail.
- Communication and interpersonal relationship building skills.
Desired skills10- 15 years relevant job experience
Experience with security programs that meet US-NRC requirements
Experience with IAEA safeguards
Certified Protection Professional or equivalent certification
Security professional with a proven experience within the security industry, the public sector or armed services
Enthusiastic and committed approach with a track record of building strong, trusted base relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
A sound working knowledge of security best practice and legislation affecting the security role
Experience of writing procedures, drafting reports, preparing business cases and compiling and adjusting duty rosters to meet shortfalls in staffing levels