Are you ready to start a new challenge that will bring you to an international team keen to expend and share their knowledge of the nuclear technology? This one year mission (extendable every year) will bring you to the Brussels, working for one of the most invested Belgium player of the energy sector.
The Systems group, which is part of the “Nuclear Processes” Competence Centre, is in charge of the following consultancy and engineering services activities relating to PWR reactors and fluid systems:
- Conceptual and Functional design
- Functional and technical specifications
- Feasibility and modification studies
- Functional analyses
- Performance analysis
- Operations & Maintenance support
- Input to commercial bidding for engineering services.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Perform systems functional analyses and calculations, define test programs.
- Take part to completion of test programs on the field.
- Participate in the design of systems within the “Nuclear Island” of PWRs, using the necessary tools and methods.
- Deliverables will consist of technical notes, test procedures, reports, equipment functional specifications and other documents to be prepared and issued according to nuclear regulatory and quality standards.
- In contact with clients to listen to and understand their needs, to prepare scope of works and to present results of your analyses.
- Engineer with a strong will to develop your technical expertise.
- Knowledge of thermo-hydraulics and heat transfer phenomena.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the aforementioned areas of expertise is expected (PWR design).
- Prior experience with IT tools such as Flowmaster for calculation of fluid dynamics is an advantage.
- Strong analytical mind and a problem solving attitude.
- Committed to meeting the deadlines and you care for quality and safety.
- Rigorous in the work and have a questioning attitude.
- Mother tongue is French or Dutch and fluent in English.