For a well known Canadian client operating in Chalk River, Ontario, we are currently looking for an Operations Research Analyst.
The purpose of this position is to conduct R&D related to nuclear systems through the utilization of operations research techniques. This work is critical to evaluate new nuclear systems, such as small modular reactors, ensuring all technical, social and political aspects of the system have been considered.
It offers various future opportunities of career development like project management and team leadership.
Your responsibilities include:
- To collaborate with a team of technical experts in the area of operations research to perform analyses assessing the implications of various decisions at a system level.
- To be involved in economic analyses to demonstrate the cost effectiveness of the system.
- To assess social and political implications related to various nuclear technologies/applications.
- To work on any other projects undertaken by the Operations Research Section, as directed by the Section Head and Branch Manager.
- To prepare proposals for Federal S&T as well as Commercial Projects.
- To monitor project progress and budget.
- To Prepare reports and manuscripts for publications based on the research conducted.
- To provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Manager and Customers, where applicable.
- We are currently recruiting applicants that are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters or PhD is an asset) or equivalent in Engineering or Science from a university of recognized standing. A degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or Management Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Operations Research techniques, specifically systems analysis and economics.
70,000CAD to 130,000CAD depending on the level of seniority and experience