Our client a Major Organisation within the Nuclear industry are seeking a Planner (Strategic Outage) to be part of the team responsible for managing a significant number of outages over the power stations 3 year operating cycle.
The role of Planner (Strategic Outage) involves liaising with station departments such as Safety, Operations, Maintenance and Supply Chain to develop and maintain a logic linked & resourced plan for plant activities.
- Develop fully logic linked and resourced level 3 (task) plan for specific plant areas, review historic similar plans to identify differences and review these with appropriate Station departments.
- Integrate all activities in a given plant area, review logic & resource conflicts and;
- Match work scope to available resource
- Group work permit boundaries with SAP
- Co-ordinate use of common services & facilities within plant areas
- Integrate all activities to all other plant areas, logic & resources & identify all cross project links
- Manage changes to the plan due to “Scope Change” during preparation phase and include contingency activities.
- Maintain Plan during execution phase by, updating progress, tracking critical path, reviewing impact of emergent work & identifying any errors / improvements required in the plan.
- Check plan against Tech Spec and other compliance requirements.
- Provide outage reports as requested.
- Support / Input to post outage reviews, in particular capture all OPEX in the plan & investigate critical path duration variations.
- Provide support to Lead Planner / Outage Coordinator
- Significant outage / maintenance planning experience
- An engineering or scientific HNC (or equivalent).
- Proficient in using Planning Tools – Primavera
- Proficient in Planning and basic Project Management Tools & techniques.