We have a current opportunity for a Plant Integration Engineer (Safety Analysis PRA) for a nuclear technology company. It’s a remote contract for a year with a possibility for extension.
As a Plant Integration Engineer you will focus on Nuclear Island System, Structure and Component (SSC) design integration and specifically System Engineering Processes with the project safety analysis and probabilistic risk analysis (PRA). In this role, you will act as a plant integration engineer for advanced nuclear reactor projects or other highly technical projects. The successful candidate will integrate and coordinate with engineers working on interfacing systems SSCs designs that interface with safety analysis and PRA. The Plant Integration Engineer will work as part of a high-performing team of engineers and scientists.
* Coordinate between project safety analysis, PRA and SSC design teams. Work between analysis and design teams to ensure alignment between assumptions and considerations made in safety analysis and PRA work and ongoing SSC design work.
* Understood assumptions and considerations made by PRA, and ensure assumptions are visible and are being implemented by design teams.
* Pursue optimization requests from design team to safety analysis and PRA teams
* Lead cross cutting analysis and design decisions
* Provide oversight to partners and subcontractors developing mechanical system SSC designs for the Natrium reactor.
* Design of nuclear and industrial process systems and sub-systems from requirements through final design.
* Design oversight of mechanical systems from systems and sub-system functional requirements through final design.
* Coordinate the review of analyses, such as thermal, seismic, structural, pipe stress, heat transfer, and other analyses performed by others and integrate the results into plant design delivery.
* Identify and ensure effective application of correct design codes into the design of plant systems such as ASME, ANS, ASTM, IEEE, NFPA, etc.
* Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design standards.
* Analyze and allocate regulatory criteria and standards to complex mechanical and process system design.
* Support planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for design activities within a system, as well as their integration with an overall plant design delivery schedule.
* Interface with the design team to create and manage drawing packages of system designs, including but not limited to Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), 3D models, and system interface drawings.
* Interface with design disciplines across the Natrium team (such as mechanical, instrumentation and controls, civil, and nuclear)
* Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
* Support design reviews as plant system and subsystem designs are established and refined.
* B.S. in Nuclear, Mechanical, Electrical or related discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years direct experience with proven SSC design skills.
* Demonstrated experience in the design of complex systems, structures, and equipment in a nuclear application.
* Experience with performing thermal hydraulic analyses, safety analyses and probabilistic risk analysis in a nuclear application.
* Experience in multi-discipline and multi-organization design integration required.
* Experience in high temperature design preferred.
* Previous experience with nuclear reactors, nuclear handling process systems, or similar high-performance systems or equipment design.
* Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
* Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
* Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction.
* Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
* Ability to work on simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
* Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
* The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
* Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
Principal Recruitment Consultant with extensive recruitment experience working in Europe, US and MENA regions
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.