Our client, a global Nuclear organization based in the UAE region offers a rare opportunity to embark on a nuclear New-Build program whilst taking inspiration from best-practices from nuclear sites around the world. You will oversee all plant activities ensuring full integration and alignment with the wider business.
You will work in a highly collaborative, accountable, visionary, multi-cultural and adaptable environment on the backdrop of the well-known ‘can do’ attitude of the UAE.
The role of Plant Manager will report into the Site VP and form part of the Senior Leadership Team who are responsible for a multi-unit nuclear power plant environment. This role presents a challenge while also offering opportunity to evolve into a more strategic role.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- With responsibility for a team of six direct reports and a wider business unit of over 700, the Plant Manager will be a role model and standard-bearer for the organisation, communicating the organisations vision, mission and values and driving accountability at every level.
- Design and implement the strategic objectives of the business unit through effective leadership, people management and staff training adhering to the highest standards of performance and regulatory requirements to ensure safe and reliable operations.
- Lead the business unit across all aspects of plant management, performance, health, safety and security, outage and emergency response, management systems effectiveness, quality management, plant modifications and design.
- Validate and oversee effectiveness of training programs, management systems, policies, procedures, HSE, plant modifications and security compliance for the business unit, leading performance improvement initiatives where required.
- Ensure full adherence to licensing, regulatory requirements and compliance.
You will have proven ability to command the leadership team, successfully implement organizational vision and hold the organization accountable in achieving its strategic and operational objectives. You will be collaborative, culturally sensitive, inspirational and adaptable with the ability to lead with conviction and to own and deliver challenging messages to the business whilst also inspiring commitment to success.
Successful impact of your employment will include leading the organisation toward its strategic and operational objectives through visionary and accountable leadership.
- 14 years’ relevant experience, with a minimum of 10 years Nuclear Power Plant experience (ideally PWR) and a minimum of 5 years in a management role overseeing Nuclear operations, fuel load/refuelling outage and start up testing.
- You would have attained the role of Plant Manager level or equivalent in other nuclear organisations globally and possess familiarity with WANO Atlanta standards and processes.
- Proven leadership capability in challenging Nuclear power plant environments with experience leading successful transformations, turnarounds and performance improvement initiatives.
- Leadership effectiveness through people management, stakeholder management and engagement with the external regulatory bodies.
- Strong negotiation and influential skills to ensure plant alignment with organisational goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to lead effectively in challenging, fast paced and constantly changing environments during a transformational period in its lifecycle (e.g. significant steam generator replacements, long outages, power uprates).
Highly competitive Tax-Free salary and package on offer.