As the Power Systems Electrical Project Engineer, you will join the engineering team to develop complex automated solutions dedicated to support nuclear projects.
Oversee medium and high voltage electrical engineering work and projects whether done internally (at the pre-concept or concept engineering stage) by company technical or externally (for basic or detailed design stage) by contracted engineering firms.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Leading and performing engineering design power system projects from conceptual design stage through construction and commissioning
- Develop one-line & phasing diagrams, layout plans, sections, ground grid layouts, grounding details, conduit & cable routing plans and details
- Prepare and review drawing lists, engineering documents, specifications, and inspection and testing plans/procedures
- Writing and planning project scope, proposals, estimates, change notices, budgets, and similar documents
- Managing engineering costs and maintaining schedules by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems
- Participating in field commissioning activities of electrical power systems
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in the Province of Ontario or eligible
- 10-15 years of professional experience with a minimum of 5 years working in medium and high voltage projects doing specification and design
- Have experience in preparing technical specification of the electrical equipment, evaluation of proposals, and will be able to review vendor drawings
- Have a strong background in the design and specification of medium and high voltage (up to 13.8 kV or higher) equipment and distribution grids in industrial installations
- Proficient in electrical CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD)
- Strong understanding of regulatory codes and standards including CSA and IEC
- Strong background in Power Systems as demonstrated by theoretical knowledge, best practices, knowledge of standards, electrical safety practices and grounding
- Knowledge of power system equipment, specifications, standards, and procurement
- Experience in power plants would be beneficial though not necessary
- Experience in electrical transmission, distribution, or local distribution would be beneficial though not necessary
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; for this role we will only consider candidates who are eligible to work in Canada (citizenship, permanent residency, work permit with sufficient duration).
High Voltage / Project Engineering / Nuclear / Electrical Power Systems / CAD / Design