Our client, leading the delivering of a geological disposal facility and the expert provision of radioactive waste management solutions to the nuclear industry.
Lead responsibility for financial planning and budgeting and the provision of management accounting and performance reporting.
This role reports to the Head of Finance & Commercial with two direct reports.
Close liaison and interaction with the executive team, functional leads, programme directorate colleagues and project managers as well as NDA Group Finance and Internal Audit.
External contacts include external audit and the finance functions of supply chain organisations.
- Lead responsibility for supporting the Programme Directorate in delivering the annual 3-year planning cycle, for presenting the budget to the executive team and for submission to NDA
- Lead responsibility for producing budgets and inputs to the Government Spending Reviews process
- Responsible for delivering updated costings for the Life Time Plan
- Lead the maintenance and development of the financial system to ensure it provides timely, accurate and meaningful information in a manner which meets the requirements of our client and NDA as parent
- Establish meaningful and relevant performance monitoring against the budget.
- Lead proactive engagement with functional leads and project managers to determine the value of work done and expenditure forecasts, identify emerging performance trends and any required interventions.
- Make recommendations to the Delivery and Programme Boards
- Act as the holder of the original source of all financial data for our client and lead the dissemination of appropriate financial data to users.
- Lead for maintaining the integrity of financial data as reported in the management accounts, and for meeting the legal requirements for financial reporting and any other standards that may be required by NDA or government
- Manages the successful and timely production of the financial statements as part of the Annual Report, and submissions in support of NDA and BEIS periodic consolidations
- Manages the engagement and communication with external audit to enable the latter to complete its audit efficiently and manages the resolution of issues related to financial matters
- Support the input to the NDA’s nuclear provision
- Lead and manage team
- Recruitment and selection of competent team
- Performance Management, including measurement and improvement of self and team, goal and priority setting
- Co-ordinate development plans for individuals and team
- Absence and Welfare Management
- Risk Management
- Recognised Consultative Committee of Accounting Bodies (CCAB) accountancy qualification with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience
- Extensive experience in similar role: including partnership working in cross functional teams
- The ability to think strategically; proven ability to determine business needs and develop reports using specialist financial reporting tools
- Experience of forecasting and cost estimation.
- Highly ICT literate with extensive knowledge of: finance systems, Microsoft Outlook, Word and advanced Excel.
- An awareness of Government Accounting and Managing Public Money beneficial
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, ability to manage time to meet external and internal deadlines, diplomatic, tact and confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are required as the post holder will be expected to engage with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Leadership, team working and motivational skills