For a well known client operating in the United Arab Emirates, we are currently looking for Procedure Writers. This is a temporary position to be based in the UAE.
Due to a shift in business needs, the workload in Procedures and Records Management function has increased substantially and the following elements require the services of a team of 6 further consultants dedicated to a procedure writing service within the Nawah Procedure Management Group, where the consultants assists the Nawah Documentation Project with the day-to-day procedure writing service, as required by Nawah.
• Creation of initial procedures using vendor manuals, industry procedures or procedures supplied by other experts as required by the functions.
• Processing of Procedure Change Requests (PCRs) generated by the functions. These Procedure Change Requests are generated on a daily basis by the functions and work is allocated by the procedure controller/supervisor on a daily basis.
• Reformatting of existing procedures in accordance with Nawah Administrative Writers Guide and Technical Writers Guide requirements. These time-lines are determined by Management and the Functions.
• Perform technical administrative activities as assigned by section head.
• The contracted procedure writers are fully integrated into the Nawah Procedures and Records Management function and systems and makes a large contribution in decreasing the procedure workload of the Function.
• Full English fluency is required for procedure understanding, print reading, and interfacing with other departments to complete the tasks at hand.
• Have at least 5 years of Nuclear Power Plant experience as a Nuclear procedure writer.
• Advanced print reading skills (electrical, mechanical, P&ID, logic and control) to be able to accurately understand plant drawings.
• Also, the procedure writers must be able to understand vendor manuals from a technical perspective to apply that knowledge to procedure content and to validate or recommend technical information be added to procedures to ensure clear, concise and accurate content.
• The procedure writers must understand the concept of procedure use and adherence and its application to procedures.