The Programme and Project Partners (PPP) is an exciting model to work in. Four world class organisations have come together as one team, with Sellafield Ltd, to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
The Programme and Project Partners (PPP) model is changing the way we deliver projects at Sellafield and creating a lasting legacy through long-term partnerships.
As the Procurement Lead, you will be responsible for support for all procurement systems, understanding the business processes, and how those processes are automated within these applications.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Maintains content and configurations of Procurement systems.
- Tracks, troubleshoots and resolves procurement system issues following established guidelines and procedures, escalates technical issues to the appropriate level.
- Recommends improvements in work-flow, procedures, and documentation as it relates to the database; implements improvements as approved.
- Corrects and documents system/integration errors.
- Assists user groups with dashboard set-up and use.
- Test and implement system enhancements.
- Performs technical analysis and supports operations staff in executing, testing & rolling-out of solutions & updates for Procurement systems.
- Prepares & distributes assigned reporting including researching, compiling, analyzing, & interpreting data.
- Serves as the point of contact for internal and external users including PPP staff and suppliers. Providing technical assistance with the business and suppliers in an efficient and effective manner.
- Examine processes to identify areas for improvement, develop solutions with procurement applications and processes, as well as assisting in the overall upkeep and training of the procurement systems.
- Assists end-users with technical issues, systems settings, and provides guidance on system.
- Support incident and problem resolution when business processes are impacted or involved.
- Serves as a team member responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades of mission critical production environment.
About KBR and its role in PPP:
The Sellafield nuclear site is home to one of the most complex portfolios of construction and infrastructure projects in the world, stretching over many decades.
The new approach will support the transformation from nuclear operator into a world leader in environmental remediation.
The partnership is made up of four lots and Sellafield Ltd, as 5th Partner, to help deliver the site’s decommissioning programme:
- Kellogg Brown and Root Ltd (KBR) – integration partner
- Jacobs – design and engineering partner
- Morgan Sindall Infrastructure – civils construction management partner
- Doosan Babcock Ltd – process construction management partner
Sellafield Ltd will work collaboratively with the four lot partners, to deliver major projects in support of the site’s 100-year decommissioning programme.
The new approach is set up to support faster, more effective project delivery, stability in design and construction supply chains, greater workforce flexibility, and local economic benefit.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Strong Supply Chain experience & Adept at using Supply Chain Systems.
- Experience with working in financial applications, ERPs, and procurement systems is required.
- Adept at running reports from ERP systems.
- Good communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with other business functions.
- Using experience and systematic approach to arrive at decision on issues.
- Demonstrate confidence when communicating, communicates positively with clarity and understanding.
- Contribute to overall team objectives, understand how to be part of a team, regularly cooperate with team members and have the ability to assume some level of influence.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm contribute to change in own area of work & has a positive attitude to change.
- Works effectively within time and budget of constraints set by others & looks to complete on schedule whilst recovering slippage.
- Can respond within tested frameworks of development to identify own needs Will set goals and possess the ability to discuss & agree priorities.
- HNC /HND/Degree in procurement / supply chain related disciplines preferred.
- Membership of/commitment to or studying for Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply qualifications or other relevant equivalent professional qualifications.
- Understanding/application/working knowledge of relevant legislation and guidelines e.g. NEC 3 terms and conditions preferred but not essential.
- Capability within a procurement capacity preferably within Engineering/Construction sector.
- Relevant experience and knowledge of procurement practices and processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment contributing across a project, site or area.
- Good planning and time management skills.
- Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.