Our client, a major international organisation are seeking a highly experienced individual to lead programme delivery of a major new build project.
To lead the development and delivery of the development programme, including overall programme management, site characterisation, site development, consents and permits and off-site development.
- Prepare and implement the programme management handbook, detailing the programme management procedures, schedule & cost control, work breakdown structure and risk management.
- Define and manage the master schedule and work breakdown structure, ensuring all activities are fully integrated, key milestones are fully defined and the work required to deliver them is included in detailed work stream plans.
- Define and maintain the programme risk matrix, ensuring risk owners are identified and mitigation plans are in place and being delivered.
- Prepare the monthly performance report, incorporating department reports and providing independent challenge and assurance.
- Develop and implement a decision-making framework to ensure decisions are taken in a robust and timely manner to enable milestone delivery and robust documentation of key decisions.
- Define and deliver the site characterization work programme to meet the requirements of the Engineering team in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Define and deliver the consents and permits programme, including Regulatory Justification, Environmental permits, etc. The programme needs to define the interfaces and inputs required from other departments and programme manage delivery.
- Manage the site, including all contractor work and ensuring exemplary HSEQ performance.
- Formulate the departmental annual work plan and budget as part of the overall annual plan and departmental staff performance appraisal.
- Leadership of the Programme Delivery team, including performance management, training and development.
- Act as a member of the Executive Team with common responsibility for the success of the programme as a whole, ensuring efficient management of interfaces with other departments.
- Approve departmental monthly work report.
To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Major capital programme management experience.
- Understanding of the UK regulatory framework and engineering practices within the UK nuclear industry
- Proven experience of working in a project environment, requiring close collaboration with other departments and functions.
- Experience of operational safety leadership (delivery not policy).
- Experience of working in a multi-culture, international environment.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative.
- Sound judgement and decision-making.