Working in support of Longenecker & Associates, Thomas Thor USA is currently seeking a Project Controls Analyst/Scheduler for Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. This is a position to be based in Livermore, CA.
Longenecker & Associates is a woman-owned and operated small business with 30 years of experience providing technical, management, analytical and other support to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) complex and sites, including many of the National Laboratories. They specialize in providing long-term and quick turnaround support in mission assurance – an optimized and integrated suite of systems, tools and processes that ensure compliance, enhance performance, reduce costs and increase efficiency, project delivery – including a wide range of capabilities directly related to tailoring the implementation of DOE Order 413.3B, operations support – providing expert advice and resources to strengthen high hazard operations, and business strategy – to underpin effective operations.
Longenecker & Associates, supporting Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, is in search of a Project Controls Specialist. Lawrence Livermore has been delivering essential science and technology to resolve the nation’s most challenging security issues. As a multidisciplinary national laboratory and federally funded research and development center, Livermore accomplishes tasks that are integral to its mission and operation by:
- Anticipating and resolving emerging national security challenges
- Innovating and discovering new technologies to strengthen the nation’s technological superiority
- Creating value through products and services that solve important national security challenges
- Informing the national debate where technology policy is critical to preserving security and freedom throughout our world.
This is an opening for a Project Control Analyst/Scheduler. The ideal candidate will review production and integrity of cost, schedule, and earned value data, and coordinate baseline changes. This position is in the Project Management Office (PMO). This position will be filled at either the Q01.1 or Q01.2 level depending on candidate qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if selected at the higher level.
- Assist with preparation and verify accuracy of costs and schedule variance analysis and estimate-at-complete forecast development, as well as collection, preparation and development of cost, schedule, and earned value data.
- Assist in the coordination of baseline changes for PMO projects by coordinating high level institutional approvals, ensuring that the requested change is in compliance with change control policies and procedures.
- Prepare and review basic monthly and ad hoc reports for multiple projects; pull information from various sources into presentations or other communications.
- Assist with development of project milestone tracking, and identify, track and report on critical schedule activities.
- Assist in preparing graphic presentations and information regarding estimating, cost, schedule, and earned value data for meetings and reporting.
- Perform tasks relating to establishing and implementing status and techniques for updating and monitoring schedule data needed for effective schedule control in MS Project.
- Align financial data with project activities, load actual costs, and prepare monthly accruals using financial systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In Addition at the Q01.2 Level
- Analyze, develop, prepare and present cost, schedule and earned value data.
- Gather historical data and comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects and provide preliminary analysis.
- Monitor and prepare costs and schedule variance analysis; assists with development of Estimate at Completion (EAC) analysis.
We are currently recruiting applicants that are legally entitled to work in United States of America and have an Active US DOE Q Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant functional discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Basic knowledge of cost, scheduling, estimating, and earned value reporting software tools such as Primavera (P6) or MS Project and Cobra (Deltek).
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools including spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Basic knowledge of project controls functions, including cost control and cost analysis, and planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis.
- Ability to pull information from various sources into a presentation and experience working effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to follow established practices and procedures through interaction with supervisor or more senior level personnel on new tasks and assignments, and ability to make decisions within area of responsibility in accordance with established work processes and procedures.
- Verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to tactfully and effectively establish and maintain highly productive working relationships with a broad cross-section of management, technical, scientific, and administrative personnel.
- In Addition at the Q01.2 Level
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience with general Project Controls and Earned Value applications.
- Experience with project controls functions, including cost control and cost analysis, and planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis.
- Experiencing identifying, analyzing and solving problems and performing statistical analyses.
- Certified Associate of Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience in finance or accounting.
- Experience with LLNL and DOE/NNSA financial policies and procedures.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Longenecker and Associates is seeking someone who can make a long-term commitment and has the willingness and desire to add significant value to their organization.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary, excellent benefits, and relocation assistance.