Thomas Thor is proud to be the exclusive recruitment partner of Magnox, focussing on Decommissioning projects across UK. We are currently looking for a Project Manager who would like to take on a fully remote position.
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of their challenging mission – to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver their commitment, they need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed their greatest achievements.
Magnox understands and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to the workplace. Without this approach, Magnox wouldn’t be in the position they are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of the organisation.
About the job:
As a Project Manager you will:
- Establish a vision and proactively manage the team to positively align the achievement of common project goals and overall organisational objectives.
- Have overall responsibility for ensuring the safe delivery of a project to time, cost and quality targets ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory process requirements with responsibility for leading the project to a successful conclusion.
- Ensure that projects and work packages meet the business commercial requirements
- Lead CDM activities for the project in accordance with the project Health, Safety and Environment Management process.
- Resource and manage a multi-disciplinary project team using with active interfaces to secure specialist resources (safety, environmental, design etc.) as required.
- Create, implement and maintain programme baselines and strategies for the project, taking into account analysis of dependencies and constraints, scope, risks and assumptions.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to expedite safe project delivery.
- Monitor and report on internal and contractor performance against safety, costs, programme and quality, identify deviations and implement remedial actions as appropriate.
- Manage the production of project documentation including statement of requirements, safety documentation, works control documentation and project reports.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Key Skills and Experience:
- A recognised project management professional qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, APM Project Management Qualification).
- Extensive experience of working in a high hazard industry or major infrastructure projects.
- Experience in contract management including a detailed understanding of contract methodologies and the management of commercial risk.
- Proven performance of successfully leading and delivering large complex projects to time, cost and quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements and legislation including procurement, environment and health & safety
- Ability to lead collaborative teams and act as a role-model for the site standards, expectations and behaviours.
Magnox value the unique differences that each of their colleagues bring to work every day and is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
For further information or to apply, contact Clare O’Brien at Thomas Thor on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 450 1125