For one of our clients in Europe, we are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to support the construction activities on a complex international project. This is a temporary staff assignment to start as soon as possible for a duration of 1-2 years time.
- To be the interface point of the Contractor’s Project Manager for the execution of the project;
- To verify compliance of the Contractors activities with Contract schedule and quality requirements and implement corrective actions in case of underperformance;
- To verify compliance of the Contractors activities with project rules and to quickly implement corrective actions in case of deviations;
- To coordinate with different units and disciplines in order to ensure timely performance of Owner’s contractual duties in accordance with Contractual requirements and Project procedures.
- The main relevant Owner’s organizational units are: Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Planning, Health and Safety, Quality Control, Licensing.
- The main relevant Owner’s duties are: Licensing and approvals by Regulatory Authority and other State Authorities, overall Project planning, coordination of detailed design activities, provision of interface design input data for Contractor’s design activities, verification and approval of Contractor’s Project technical documents relevant to the design, procurement, fabrication, erection, commissioning activities, Quality Control at factory and at site, coordination of Contractor’s construction activities, coordination of Contractor’s Commissioning activities, certification of project milestones;
- To drive the identification of project risks relevant to the Contract and develop and implement risk response action plans for the top risks. Also, capitalize on potential opportunities;
- To ensure the rigorous application of the management of changes process in accordance with Project rules and in particular:
- to manage design changes relevant to the Contract,
- to manage contract variations and Contractor’s claims, supported by Contract Management and Procurement Units,
- to negotiate and coordinate the preparation of Contract amendments;
- To embed a ‘one team’ approach to design, engineering, construction and execution components of the project;
- To approve achievement of payment milestones and approve related payments and key subcontractors;
- To coordinate the preparation of all technical and process data relevant to the Contractor’s performances; To verify the monthly progress report prepared by the Contractor and to prepare the Contract progress report for the Owner’s Project Management.
- Relevant experience as a Project Manager in relevant experience within large construction projects
- Multidisciplinary experience
- University degree in a relevant field, such as economic, technical, management
- Experience in power plant/energy projects for international companies.
- Management of contractors in international companies.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Project approach and problem-solving skills
- Communication skills, target, and team player attitude
- Driving license