One of our clients is looking urgently for a Project Manager to be based in Bruce County for a full time role: they are open to Contractors or employees.
Ideal start date would be June 2019.
This is a position that offers international exposure and to work on 2 strategic projects with the biggest nuclear plant in the world including Isotopes.
Under broad supervision, this position is responsible for securing and managing resources for moderately complex single product line commercial projects from proposal development and award through contract closeout. Responsibilities typically include planning, scheduling and control of project activities to achieve project objectives.
- Provides project leadership for major commercial nuclear facilities design, construction, expansion, extension, renovation or component replacement projects.
- Prepares project plans/schedules/materials to achieve project quality, reliability, cost and timing objectives.
- Utilizes approved project management methods and processes to execute low risk projects of existing technology and methods to meet client needs and expectations.
- Provides primary interface between project team, management and client.
- Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project.
- Coordinates multiple project activities including organizing and directing personnel, materials and equipment; utilizes team building skills to ensure satisfactory project performance.
- Defines and forecasts needed skills to meet project objectives.
- Manages cash flow and ensures attainment of expected cash position.
- BS Degree in Business, Engineering or similar field, or related experience in lieu of degree,
- plus 10-12 years of project work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of major PM plan development, implementation and administration including knowledge of sector and project processes, procedures and tools; good knowledge of nuclear safety issues and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills with emphasis on “root cause” analysis
- Excellent report development and presentation skills.
- Engineering degree preferably Mechanical
- experience with Fixed price contract