The Subcontractor shall provide support for Handling Gear projects for a Nuclear Deterrence Program. The Subcontractor will support Project Management processes for various projects.
To support this effort a Q-clearance is required.
The Subcontractor shall support in the following areas:
- Develop and enforce work standards
- Provide quality assurance and configuration management
- Review work quality
- Assign schedules
- Communicate goals, objectives, and policies of the organization to others
- Responsible for project development life cycle phases from inception to deployment, with an ability to provide guidance and direction in these task areas
- The Subcontractor shall provide inputs on the development and implementation of project / program management.
- The Subcontractor shall align activities performed with project objectives.
- The Subcontractor shall incorporate changes into scope, schedule, cost, earned value management, plans, and the project environment.
- The Subcontractor shall participate in and coordinate project initiation.
- The Subcontractor shall participate in and coordinate project rescue efforts designed to
- extract maximum potential value from a project in its current state.
- The Subcontractor shall articulate and make the case for whether a troubled project should be rescued or closed.
- The Subcontractor shall coordinate the review of project risk with management and provide status reporting.
- The Subcontractor shall coordinate team activities on projects.
- The Subcontractor shall be responsible for providing consistent technical and administrative direction to the Project Controls team members in performing activities with respect to project execution and planning.
- The Subcontractor shall provide guidance, direction, coordination, initiation of work, organization, and evaluation consistently in project execution and systems.
- The Subcontractor shall support operations from acquisition of new work through project
- execution and closeout.
- The Subcontractor shall develop and implement baseline changes in accordance with NTESS approved change control processes.
- The Subcontractor shall be responsible to ensure that approved changes are incorporated and implemented.
On any given day, the contractor may be called on to:
- Participate in customer meetings
- Develop, coordinate, and present briefings
- Define scope according to the customer’s programmatic requirements
- Assess project risks and opportunities
- Manage action items and deliverables
- Analyze and develop reports on cost, schedule and performance
- Facilitate collaboration and cross-functional integration
- Develop and lead programmatic processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or relevant discipline plus five or more years of experience in Project Management; or Master’s degree in relevant discipline and one or more years of demonstrated experience in Project Management.
- Experience with standard project management practices, such as project plan development, resource management, and communications planning and management.
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Experience with EV tools, such as Cobra, Acumen, Primavera, or Empower.
- Experience working nuclear weapon programs/projects at the system and component levels and experience working with the DOE, NNSA, or DOD.
- Proven teaming skills and leadership abilities, including leading successful projects.
- Demonstrated teaming skills, including the ability to work effectively with other organizations, functions, project sponsors and customers, and suppliers.
- Knowledge of management practices, assurance processes, business operations, fiscal and scheduling systems, and acquisition standards.
- Ability to acquire PMP certification or equivalent.
- All candidates for consideration must either be US citizens or Permanent Residents.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Project Management, EVM, Primavera, Nuclear, DOE, Q-Clearance