Our client, an international innovator with the technology to transform the energy landscape, ushering in a new age of clean, low-cost energy for all, are seeking a Project Manager to deliver several key work packages and support reactor development projects.
The Project Manager will support the Project Director with the delivery of one of the Stable Salt Reactor (SSR) development projects and will be responsible for the delivery of several key work packages.
- Develop work package scope, schedule and budget
- Manage the delivery of work packages to required quality, schedule and cost
- Work package schedule and cost forecasting, and reporting
- Work package risk identification and management
- Set up and manage sub-contract tenders
- Sub-contract administration
- Support the Project Director with project scoping, scheduling and budgeting
- Support to the Project Director with project forecasting, risk management and reporting
The Project Manager should have good experience and a track record of successful project management of technical work scopes. The successful candidate will need a scientific or engineering background and will either possess or have the aptitude to develop a good technical understanding of nuclear power and SSR technology.
- Solid planning skills and experience using planning tools
- Excellent commercial acumen and knowledge of contractual terms and conditions to effectively manage sub-contractors
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Good team leadership skills with a demonstrable ability to collaborate with team members and reach consensus on the way forward
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Experience managing projects or work packages up to £5m
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in engineering or related field
- Formal training in project management and/or a professional project management qualification
- Experience with MSP or Primavera P6
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel
The company’s mission is to bring SSRs to market as quickly as possible. To achieve this the role holder will need to be:
- A curious individual with the desire to understand the wider science and technical aspects of the technology.
- Delivery focused as well as being technically strong.
- An excellent team worker who will integrate well with other members of the team to make the ‘whole greater than the sum of the parts’ and ensure progress of the reactor design as a whole.
- An adaptable and flexible individual who will be comfortable in a rapidly growing and changing company.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Project Manager, Project Management, Project Delivery