Do you have experience of working in major infrastructure projects? Would you be interested in making an impact upon nuclear projects?
We are looking for Project Managers across all levels of seniority to join in an extensive 20-year framework project known as PPP (Programme and Project Partners), with an estimated value of £6.5billion. The PPP model will revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield nuclear site and help deliver 17 major construction projects associated with developing the infrastructure required for the reprocessing and making safe of nuclear waste material, and ultimately support the transformation of Sellafield from a nuclear operator into a world leader in environmental remediation.
You will be responsible for:
- Building the collaborative working culture to ensure the success of the project
- Ensuring that safety and security is actively managed on the project
- Development and maintenance of the project plan & execution strategies to deliver the project
- Managing the project to ensure it is delivered on or ahead of schedule whilst driving towards double digit cost savings against the delivery norms
- Resource selection, training and development
- Maintaining good community and supplier relations and participation
- Bringing industry best practice into the team
- Assures safe project execution to the client, Head of Projects and PPP Management Board satisfaction, consistent with cost, schedule and contractual requirements while maintaining bottom line responsibility for financial success.
- Assures the project execution is in accordance with policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the PPP Board.
- Ensures the correct and timely resourcing of the project while upholding the principles of Best Athlete for key positions.
- Manages and coordinates activities of all project personnel by direct supervision, through subordinates or through Partners, etc.
- Plans the project execution and revises the plan as necessary and assures adherence to the plan.
- Keeps the Head of Projects advised of project status.
- Leads the project management team and is responsible for the successful completion of the project.
- Higher Education Qualification in Engineering / Science or non-engineering / science degree
- APM Project Management qualification or Managing Successful Programmes qualification or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-10 years project experience (depending on seniority), including experience at Project Manager level; preferably in major infrastructure projects (engineering, construction, rails, oil & gas) or other regulated industry.
- Proven performance of delivering a diverse range of complex projects including development and implementation of a project execution plan across the project life cycle.
- Leadership skills and a substantial track record of influencing and working effectively across all levels in the organisation including senior management.
- Experience of working with integrated teams in a collaborative environment
- Excellent communicator, leader and team builder
- Experienced in coaching and training of teams in project or programme management
This position can be based in Warrington or Cumbria.
Please contact Daria Farcas on email@example.com for more details.