For one of our clients in Belgium, a leading engineering firm in energy, infrastructure and water industry, we are looking for a Project Leader with background in Architecture to lead building projects. The role to be based in Ghent.
- Lead, motivate and manage a project team of multi-disciplinary engineers and draftsmen for your projects
- Responsible for ensuring that the budget, the timing and the quality of our engineering services and the works on site. You will make sure that the projects assigned to you will be executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules.
- Report progress for all your projects on a weekly basis.
- Enhance an integrated design process by looking transversally over the different disciplines involved.
- Prepare and submit tenders and contracts (assistance of our sales team)
- Work together with external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consultancies, subcontractors, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) in a constructive way.
- Respond to the needs of the client.
- With a Master degree in Architecture or in Architectural Engineering
- At least 10 years of experience with multi-disciplinary engineering projects;
- The projects you worked on were mainly building projects with architectural ambition;
- Involved in all aspects and phases of your projects: competition, design, studies, tender, execution, management,etc);
- With experience with competitive bidding (competitions): conceptual design, quick estimation of building cost, definition and negotiation of the fee, presentation to the client or authorities, etc;
- Good knowledge of the Belgian Building Regulations and Public Procurement;
- With background in different disciplines (structural, MEP, EPB, etc).
- With good communication skills
- Prepared to work with teams in our different regional offices
- Mobility by car is necessary
- You must have a very good knowledge of Dutch, and your knowledge of French and English is good
- Have an active experience in architectural design is an asset.
- A certain background in BIM applications is an asset