In this role you will be responsible for delivery of the company’s floating offshore energy projects. The successful candidate will steer internal project teams, facilitate cross-functional collaborations and manage external contracts to ensure projects are engineered, procured, constructed, installed and operated to their objectives.
This is a hybrid role to be based from sites in Wales, Scotland, and from home.
This is an exciting project in an emerging industry with the options for both personal and professional development, and a remuneration package that offers significant mid- and long-term upsides.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the successful delivery of the company’s floating offshore projects; developing, communicating and driving project execution plans to meet the scope, time, cost and quality objectives.
- Defining the delivery strategy for projects including procurement, construction and installation management plans in compliance with funding and procurement rules as well as regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Implementing appropriate project organisational structures for managing individual projects; identifying and managing internal and external resources.
- Ensuring that all health, safety, environmental and quality requirements are considered in liaison with other departments involved in the projects as well as external designers, fabricators, manufacturers and contractors.
- Ensuring that project scope, requirements and constraints are properly integrated at the interfaces between work packages; facilitating interdisciplinary cooperation between associated stakeholders.
- Initiating, preparing and managing procurement processes, including the drafting, negotiating and administering of contracts post award; developing sound long term relationships with suppliers and contractors.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Proven experience leading a similarly complex project, preferably with a marine or renewable energy focus.
- Track record in the application of project management techniques to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Relevant supporting qualifications are desirable
- Ability and willingness to travel for short and mid-term requirements within the UK and overseas.
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK