Exciting opportunity as a Project Manager in Cambridge, Ontario for a leading automation company. This is a full-time permanent role.
You will be responsible for projects from receipt of purchase order through final installation and final customer acceptance.
- Lead the project team to execute projects on schedule, at or below budget delivering the contracted scope of work to all applicable codes and standards
- Maintain regular contact with key customer representative(s) ensuring all key project events and issues are documented in writing.
- Develop and implement Risk Mitigation Plan(s)
- Develop suitable budget allocations for labour and materials.
- Oversee project schedule development and identify all critical path activities.
- Working with the financial analyst, ensure all billings and invoicing is submitted on time. Ensure all project deliverables are accomplished and supporting documentation is prepared for each project milestone payment. Obtain necessary FAT, SAT any other customer approvals needed to enable on-time payment including Final payment and project closure.
- Project Forecasting – Prepare accurate financial and resource forecasts.
- Encourage and mentor employees to ensure that the build team’s morale and efficiency is maintained at the highest level.
- Manage projects and project teams in accordance with all applicable company procedures. Ensure project teams follow the required procedures. Conduct regular team meetings and issue weekly project updates to the project team.
- Track all contract changes and prepare CORs (Change Order Requests).
- Ensure customer caused / requested changes are executed by the team only after receipt of customer agreement.
- Post- secondary college diploma, engineering degree or equivalent, specializing in electronics, electrical, mechanical or controls engineering
- Experience managing automation projects in excess of $1 million with multiple disciplinary teams.
- Have a proven track record of providing positive leadership and coordination to a multi-disciplined project design and construction team.
- 3+ years experience in a variety of projects/markets on a multidiscipline team.
- Practical working knowledge of robots, PLC’s, instrumentation or other machine controls packages, sensors and pneumatics.
- Familiar with the use of computerized word processing and computerized spreadsheets and AutoCAD or similar drawing package
- Completion of or in the process of achieving the Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset
Depending on experience