For one of our key clients in Canada, we are looking for a Project Nuclear Civil Engineer to support the US based project. This is a permanent position to be based in New Brunswick.
• Project leader, providing this company with support and collaborating with US partners. This will involve technical coordination of the various activities as well as budget and schedule management.
• Writing design requirements for the civil and structural aspects of the design
• Writing and supporting safety case documents for the Canadian and UK regulator
• Overseeing design consultants carrying out civil and structural design and analysis including seismic studies.
• Performs non-routine and varied engineering assignments typically in areas of design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, execution of field tasks and resolution of field problems.
• Ensures compliance with government, organization and customer engineering codes and standards.
• Independently evaluates, selects and applies a variety of technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement in making adaptations and modifications.
• Continues to develop knowledge of organization processes and customers.
• Works on special projects, as directed.
• Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
• Advanced knowledge of related engineering standards, techniques and criteria (CSA, ASME).
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
• Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
• Engineering organizations may have additional qualification requirements with established criterion to demonstrate success including such items as training courses and/or qualification cards.
• Bachelors in Civil Engineering with the addition of 3-5 years experience is necessary.
• Over 5 years technical experience in civil and structural fields doing and managing design and analyses. Specific nuclear industry experience is preferred.
The position will be based in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. International and national travel will be required as part of the role.
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.