For one of our key clients in Canada, we are looking for a Senior Nuclear Civil Engineer to support the US based project. This is a permanent position to be based in New Brunswick in Canada.
• Project leader, providing this company with support and collaborating with US partners. This will involve technical coordination of the various activities as well as budget and schedule management.
• Writing design requirements for the civil and structural aspects of the design
• Writing and supporting safety case documents for the Canadian and UK regulator
• Overseeing design consultants carrying out civil and structural design and analysis including seismic studies.
• Performs non-routine and varied engineering assignments typically in areas of design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, execution of field tasks and resolution of field problems.
• Ensures compliance with government, organization and customer engineering codes and standards.
• Independently evaluates, selects and applies a variety of technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement in making adaptations and modifications.
• Continues to develop knowledge of organization processes and customers.
• Works on special projects, as directed.
• Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
The position will be based in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. International and national travel will be required as part of the role.
I have been a Recruitment Consultant with Thomas Thor for 7 years and I am now in charge of the Toronto office. As a Recruitment Consultant, my role is to connect local and international professionals to my clients which include operators, engineering companies, equipment manufacturers and research organizations.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.