Our client an International Engineering Company is now seeking a Project Planner to be based on-site at The Hinkley Point C Nuclear New Build.
The Project Planner will be the ‘organiser’ of a project or projects. The Planner will set out, monitor, maintain and update the project schedule in coordination with all stakeholders of the project. The Planner will provide information to the Project Management and Design Management teams on project progress including critical path and project milestones. The Planner will work closely with the Project Services team in monitoring programme KPI’s e.g. Earned Value.
• Draft programmes in conjunction with the Project Manager
• Discuss & agree resources and timescales with the Project Manager
• Ensure all activities within the scope of work are included in programmes
• Issue programmes of work in accordance with Document Control system
• Gather information from design team, subcontractors, client for progress reporting purposes
• Responsible for updating the project plan throughout the project lifetime
• Maintain cause and effect records in liaison with the Project Manager
• Regularly assist, advise and update the project resource plan
• Assist in progress reporting against the programme
• Pursue sub-contractors programmes & ensure alignment with those of the project
• Preferably degree qualified in technical/engineering or project management discipline though not essential
• PC literate in Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of using Project Planning software (Primavera) is required. Knowledge of MS Project will be a distinct advantage but this is not essential
• SC or DV level security clearance is preferred though not essential. DV Security Clearance will be sponsored by the Company and all candidates MUST be eligible for DV clearance
• Demonstrable competence gained in a planning/scheduling role
• Ideally experience will have been gained within a construction industry incorporating at least either civil, electrical or mechanical engineering disciplines
• Experience of working within a project delivery environment is essential
• Full knowledge of the Project Lifecycle is absolutely essential
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.