As a member of the “QA/QC” section, you would be involved in the full supply chain in a practical and industrial environment and this in an international setting.
Mainly in charge of the following activities:
- Examination and approval of the contractor technical manufacturing and installation files of various mechanical equipment (valves, pumps, heat exchangers, piping, etc.)
- Verify from a quality control point of view the conformity of the fabrication documents to be in line with technical specifications and the governing construction codes and standards.
- Intervene during review and approval of material purchase specifications, non-destructive examination procedures, welding procedures, heat treatment procedures, special manufacturing procedures.
- Conduct quality control missions during manufacturing and installation of mechanical equipment.
- Assess the conformity of the fabrication during inspection missions at manufacturer’s premises and/or during installation at the Nuclear Power Plants.
- Verify that the goods are meeting the requirements set forth in the technical and upfront approved technical and quality assurance documentation.
- Examination and approval of quality plans (PQP, ITP, …).
- Provide technical feedback in terms of the acceptance of non-conformities encountered during manufacturing without comprising the final quality of the product.
- Issue inspection reports following the templates of the company or its client.
- Support the organisation with quality control expertise.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
There is two openings : one for a profile with 3-5 years of experience and one for a profile with 6+ years of experience
- Mechanical / Electromechanical engineer with experience in a quality control environment in an industrial context.
- French or Dutch speaking with a professional level of English
- Able to work with limited supervision according to predefined methodologies.
- Able to work in an international context for short or long missions.
- Ability to draft concise reports containing factual conclusions.
- Knowledge of quality control, fabrication processes, non-destructive testing, material technology & standards and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of one of the following codes & standards is an asset : ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (section II, section III (nuclear related), section V, section VIII , section IX, ASME B31.1, ASME B16.34…), PED, RCCM, ESPN.
- A strong interest in manufacturing processes of mechanical equipment.
- Reliable and motivated to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the nuclear industry is a plus;
- Flexible regarding time-schedule, resistant to stress.