For a well known client operating in Belgium, Thomas Thor is currently in search of a QA Surveillance Inspector . This is a freelance position (12 months contract renewable). When this job opportunity is of your interest, please submit your resume.
– Examine and approve the Contractor technical manufacturing and erection file (specifications, procedures, drawings, …)
– Conduct quality surveillance for the installation on-site of Nuclear safety related equipment
– Possible quality surveillance of the manufacturing of these equipment, in Contractors and Suppliers workshops
– Quality Surveillance includes e.g. expertise for reception of base materials, casting and forging, qualification and implementation of welding processes, non-destructive examination (NDE), destructive tests, corrosion, …
– Assess the conformity of the equipment fabrication and installation to applicable codes & standards- Monitor the quality assurance implemented for manufacturing and erection, and the progression of the construction according to specified time-schedule- Coordinate the quality aspects of all mechanical project, and assure links between contractors and clients
– Engineer or technician (welding knowledge is a plus) with ability to understand the manufacturing and control processes used (6-15 years of experience)
– 5 years experience in manufacturing follow-up and quality inspection, and on-site (Nuclear Plant) interventions
– Knowledge in material properties, welding and examination techniques
– Knowledge of nuclear pressure equipment
– Knowledge and interest in the construction norms and standards (ASME, DIN, AFNOR, ESPN, PED, …)
– Ready to work in shifts
– Fluent in French and in English (speaking and writing)
– Able to draft reports (analysis, synthesis, presentation)
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.