Are you seeking a Quality Assurance Manager role with a growing company in the nuclear market?
Our client is a reputable company in the DOE market, and they are seeking a QA Manager to support their team in New Mexico.
This opportunity is offered as a direct hire role that includes a competitive salary package, full benefits with no waiting period, and relocation assistance for candidates that qualify.
The QA Manager will serve as the single point of contract for the QA program, directing and coordinating all QA organization staff and support activities between multiple Partner Institutions. The individual will act as the Quality Assurance Program Subject Matter Expert and will coordinate the development and approve site-specific Quality Implementation Plans.
In addition to implementing QA programs, the QA manager is responsible for approving project-specific supplemental QA procedures used at Partner Institutions and for overseeing implementation of actions for roles and responsibilities of Partner Institution or project-specific QA plans which require quality assurance management approval.
The QA Manager will also supervise personnel and review, and approve documents, as well as support qualification of suppliers. The QA manager will support Partner Institutions capabilities for vendor oversight, source surveillance, factory acceptance testing, and receipt inspection, ensure proper documentation of project- related Partner Institution-specific non-conformances and issues and identify and share lessons learned with Partner Institutions. The QA Manager should continually communication between Directors and QA Manager regarding the facilitate dispositions and resolution of NCRs & issues.
***Candidates must be US Citizens, and not hold dual-citizenship with any country due to DOE Requirements***
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in science, industrial engineering, or comparable technical degree
– 20 years of experience (15 years with relevant master’s degree) providing quality assurance and/or quality control functional support for an Accelerator project or Nuclear facility to meet DOE requirements.
– Experience working within an NQA-1 based program
– Extensive experience working with DOE Order 411D, 10 CFR 830, Subpart A and NQA-1 at DOE sites.
– Experience with oversight of QA program implementation – especially that of DOE Contractors’
– Ability to lead, perform, and support audits, assessments, surveillance efforts to identify and assess quality issues, deficiencies, and potential non-compliances
– Demonstrated experience managing teams and coordinating activities of quality engineers providing project QA program support including oversight activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Expert knowledge of NQA 1 requirements and principles, or similar quality requirements and principles.
– Demonstrated understanding of DOE Order 141.1D, 10 CFR830 Subpart A
– Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
– Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate DOE security clearance
– Expensive knowledge of DOE facilities
– Advanced analytical and writing skills
– Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
– Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a high paced, high pressure environment
– Ability to use independent judgement for determining course of action
– Must be United States Citizen, as this is a DOE Project Site
– Authoring and reviewing program, procedures and plans necessary to implement and integrate quality activities for a project involving multiple federal prime contractors
– Nuclear quality assurance
– Planning and conduct of audits and surveillances
– Supplier oversight experience
– Continuous improvement experience, including issues management, corrective, and preventive actions.
– Excellent time management skills
– Flexible and adaptable
– High energy
– Willingness to learn and take on challenging assignments
– The ability to travel (~25%) for to support oversight of PQARs, supplier qualification, and oversight.
As the newest addition to the Thomas Thor North America team, Recruitment Consultant Jaleesa is involved in all steps of the recruitment process including talent mapping, sourcing and developing candidate/client relationships, constructing offer packages and coordinating with clients. She also partners with teammates and customers to obtain clear view on strategic or financial objectives and hiring needs to develop and implement a targeted talent acquisition strategy for their needs. Jaleesa demonstrates strong values in teamwork, drive for results, strategic thinking, accountability, and customer service. Her primary focus is to provide talent acquisition services to the commercial nuclear, NNSA and DOE markets. In addition to her primary role Jaleesa has also contributed to the growth of our team through conducting various recruiting trainings and is a member of the project team for our global ATS integration.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.