For a leading engineering organization, we are looking for a Quality Control Welding Engineer (French or Dutch speaker) to be based in Brussels with some possible travel to site on nuclear power plants across Belgium. This opportunity is for an initial 1 year contract with possible extension, to be based in Brussels, Belgium
- As a member of the “QA/QC” section, ensure that suppliers deliver and install their products with the highest level of quality to ensure nuclear safety at all times.
- Be involved in the full supply chain in a practical and industrial environment and this in an international setting.
- In charge of the following activities in collaboration with other sections within the mechanical department, and in close relation with the Contract Owner and the Customers.
- The examination and approval of welder, weld operator, welding procedure specifications and qualifications, base and filler material purchase specifications, non-destructive examination procedures, specific qualification programs, etc.
- Conduct quality control missions during manufacturing and installation of mechanical equipment in an international context.
- Able to inspect welded structures and have knowledge of the examination methods used to assess their quality.
- Assess the conformity of the fabrication during inspection missions at the manufacturer’s premises and/or during installation at the Nuclear Power Plants of Doel and/or Tihange.
- Verify that the goods are meeting the requirements set forth in the technical and upfront approved technical and quality assurance documentation.
- Issue inspection reports following the company templates. Inform the contract owner or report directly to the project manager of the outcome of your missions.
- Provide technical expertise specifically related to welding and metallurgy-related questions.
- International Welding Engineer (IWE) or International Welding Technologist (IWT) with a passion for quality;
- French or Dutch speaker, with a professional knowledge of the English language;
- Able to work with limited supervision according to predefined methodologies;
- A strong interest in manufacturing processes;
- Ability to draft concise reports containing factual conclusions;
- Reliable and motivated to meet deadlines;
- Eager to work in an international context for short or long term inspection missions;
- Interested to perform quality control inspections on the site of Doel or Tihange Nuclear Power Plants, located in Belgium;
- Flexible regarding time-schedule and able to work under pressure;