Our client a Global engineering company are seeking a Quality Engineer on a permanent basis for a major conventional HPC work package.
The role will be responsible for monitoring the quality management system (QMS) of a 250 million GBP conventional work package for Hinkley Point C.
- Act as focal point for control of 3rd party inspections
- Assist in capturing the changes to Quality requirements in contract requirements mapping/capture process.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the Project Quality Plan (PQP)
- Assist in managing the Quality Management System (QMS) of the project according to the project policy, contract requirements and the company QMS.
- Ensure the communication, training and implementation of the QMS within the project team.
- Monitor and measure the efficiency of the QMS and ensure improvement of the QMS throughout the project life.
- Assist in organising and following up of management reviews
- Assist in preparing audit planning, performing audits (including supplier assessment audits), follow up sentencing of findings and progress of action plans
- Co-ordinate preparations for external audits of the HPC project (Company internal audits,customer audits, accreditation body audits) and follow up sentencing of findings and progress of action plans
- Review the subcontractors deliverables concerned by quality aspects (FUD, QRA, …)..
- Review the Equipment specifications according to the Quality requirements.
- Participate in the tender assessment process.
- Knowledge of UK Nuclear Quality Standards, Quality Assurance and Quality Control requirements and practice, eg IAEA GS-R-3
- Experience in maintaining an operational QMS
- Experience of the use of quality plans/inspection and test plans/ follow-updocuments.
- Lead Auditor professional accreditation
- ISO 9001 : 2015 auditing experience
- ISO 14001 : 2015 auditing experience
- OHSAS 18001: 2007 auditing experience
- Knowledge and experience of Quality management for all phases of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning projects
- Understanding of Document Control procedures
- Understanding of Control & Validation procedures
- Understanding of Interface Management
- Understanding of Change/Modification Management
- Experience in managing of Non-Conformances