Our client a international engineering organisation are seeking a Quality Engineer to be based in the South West working on a Major Nuclear New Build Project.
The purpose of the role is to establish the Quality Management System of the project and Ensure its implementation.
- Perform the contract requirements mapping/capture process for Quality requirements
- Establish and update the Project Quality Plan (PQP)
- Establish the Quality Management System (QMS) of the project according to the project policy, contract requirements and the company QMS.
- Ensure the communication, training and implementation of the QMS within the project team.
- Monitor and measure the efficiency of the QMS and ensure improvement of the QMS throughout the project life.
- Organise and follow up management reviews
- Prepare the audit planning, perform the audits (including supplier assessment audits) and follow up sentencing of findings and progress of action plans
- Coordinate preparations for external audits of the project (Company internal audits, customer audits, accreditation body audits) and follow up sentencing of findings and progress of action plans
- Manage the NCR/CPIAR process.
- Review the subcontractors deliverables concerned by quality aspects (FUD, QRA, …)..
- Review the Equipment specifications according to the Quality requirements.
- Participate to the tender assessment process.
- Participate to the supplier manufacturing Kick of meetings.
- Manage the interface with quality client representatives.
- Contribute to definition and implementation of the customer satisfaction process
- Detailed knowledge of UK Nuclear Quality Standards, Quality Assurance and Quality Control requirements and practice, eg IAEA GS-R-3
- Experience in developing and establishing an operational QMS
- Experience of the use of quality plans/inspection and test plans/ follow-up documents.
- Lead Auditor professional accreditation
- ISO 9001 : 2015 auditing experience
- ISO 14001 : 2015 auditing experience
- OHSAS 18001: 2007 auditing experience
- Knowledge and experience Quality management for all phases of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning projects
- Understanding of Document Control procedures
- Understanding of Control & Validation procedures
- Understanding of Interface Management
- Understanding of Change/Modification Management
- Experience in managing of Non-Conformances
- Understanding of Information System
- Understanding management of a complex system
- Ability to respect rules
- Understanding management of comments/punch lists
- Project Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of UK rules UK Context)
- Nuclear experience
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Ability to Read and Write English to a technical standard
- Ability to Speak and Understand spoken English to a technical standard
- Ability to Read and Write French to a technical standard
- Ability to Speak and Understand spoken French to a technical standard
- Knowledge of CDM
- Nuclear Safety Culture
- Ability to work as part of a Team and on one’s own
- Good Communication skills
- Well Organised
- Thorough attention to detail