Radioactive Waste Management is an organisation with the vision to create a safer future by managing radioactive waste effectively, to protect people and the environment. Their mission is to deliver a geological disposal facility and provide radioactive waste management solutions by using over 30 years of research and development, cutting edge science, technology and collaborating with partners around the world.
An opportunity has arisen for a Quality Manager to join the organisation on a permanent basis in their Harwell, South Oxfordshire location. The role will be to support the development and continuous improvement of RWM’s Management System.
RWM operates an integrated management system and therefore references to the management system include quality, environment, safety, security, etc.You will be responsible for supporting the maintenance, development and continuous improvement of RWM’s Management System to internal and externally benchmarked standards. You will support the continual improvement of RWM’s processes to contribute to RWM’s organisational development.
• Support the implementation of the quality management strategy and champion quality and process management across RWM.
• Support the development of RWM’s integrated management system and the delivery of a process approach to RWM to ensure the effectiveness of RWM business processes.
• Development and continuous improvement of RWM’s, policies, procedures and work instructions to improve efficiency, meet developing organisational requirements and appropriate internal, external and international standards.
• Advise and provide guidance to the organisation in relation to integrated management system requirements and development. This covers both the day to day operations of RWM, but also the management system requirements relating to the implementation of geological disposal facility.
• Support independent oversight of adherence to quality, environmental and other management system standards, and the investigation, reporting and effective resolution of non-conformance.
• Conduct regular internal and supplier audits, and other assurance activities, in accordance with agreed programmes/schedules.
• Seek and maintain the appropriate third party approvals of RWM’s management systems.
• Support management of regulatory relationships and interactions and the demonstration of reliable compliance.
• Degree qualified in an appropriate subject
.• Chartered level membership of an appropriate professional institute (e.g. Chartered Quality Institute).
• Significant experience developing, maintaining and improving management systems, ideally within a regulated environment.
• Significant experience in conducting internal and supplier audits.
• Auditing Skills to International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) Lead Auditor standard.
• Significant appreciation and understanding of approaches and techniques for quality improvement.
• Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.