Our client a Major Organisation within the Nuclear industry are seeking a Quality Manager to be responsible for managing a team of Quality Leads who are responsible for ensuring compliance with the quality management systems covering all activities within the scope of the Programme Area Multi-Disciplinary Delivery Teams. The post holder will work according to processes and procedures defined by the Quality & Learning Function in a context and direction set by the Programme Director.
The key objective is to ensure that project quality is delivered within the Programme and by the Programme’s supply chain, consistently (safely, efficiently and right first time) compliant with the supply chain project quality standard (GQAS), ISO9001 and the principles of IAEA GS-R-3. Quality delivery is considered to be essential to the Project success, from inception to operational handover, respecting Nuclear Safety as paramount at all times.
• Responsible for recruiting, appointing and managing the Quality Lead Team, including their professional development.
• Responsible for the overall quality planning and implementation of quality arrangements within the Programme Multi-Disciplinary Delivery Team.
• Responsible for ensuring that the quality management activities planned and undertaken by other parts of the Programme Multi-Disciplinary Delivery Team are effective and aligned to the Programme objectives.
• Responsible for reporting quality performance of the Programme Multi-Disciplinary Delivery Team and of the supply chain contracted to the Programme.
• Responsible for holding the supply chain to account for meeting their contracted requirements relating to quality management.
• Responsible for ensuring that supply chain organisations contracted to the Programme acknowledge, accept, respond to and fully comply with NNB’s contract quality requirements, and responsible for supporting the suppliers in achieving this.
• Responsible for ensuring that quality issues, including non-conformance’s, are driven to successful and acceptable resolution, in the overall interests of the Programme objectives without compromising quality or nuclear safety.
• Significant experience in delivering major projects, preferably in the nuclear power sector, with significant focus on project quality, and with a specific engineering discipline expert knowledge.
• The ability to effectively implement quality management arrangements.
• Experience in leading a team of Quality professionals with the ability to motivate and manage their performance.
• Position requires a dynamic individual who is a team player and has a solid understanding of the quality processes in major projects across engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning.
• Strong awareness of working in an international quality environment.
• Significant experience in ensuring compliance with National and International standards such as GS-R-3 and ISO 9001 and an understanding of nuclear site licence conditions.
• The ability to influence the Quality aspects of complex contractor and subcontractor supplier relationships nationally and internationally.
• Should have major project experience, preferably having project management qualification.
• Should possess a recognised Quality qualification and accreditation.
• Should have competence, knowledge & experience gained from a specific engineering discipline, preferably qualified to HND level as a minimum.
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide them to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.