For a well-known client operating in the United Arab Emirates we are currently in search of 2 Radioactive Waste Experts. The client is offering a 4 months contract, with a possibility for extension.
Set up best practicable process of waste clearance by:
- Providing fractionated process per waste types and source
- Identifying best options for waste monitoring and nuclide analysis
- Documenting procedures and justifications of the suggested process
- Set up and document best practicable Source Term Management Program and Scaling Factor Program
- Assist Nawah to develop waste minimization plan by providing studies on anticipated amount of waste according to existing and suggested options
- Identify all hazardous substances (chemicals, explosives, chelates, etc..) in terms of radioactive waste and assess best practicable control procedure
- Assess best practical option and specifications for waste drums assay system at the storage ensuring it can be adapted to existing building infrastructure
- Assess best practicable means for optimizing solid radioactive waste arisings mindful of the limited capacity in onsite waste storage and timescale for external disposal facility. Study may include; o How long to store resin and concentrates in tanks before solidification/packaging so as not to preclude meeting future waste acceptance criteria,When to change filters (at LLW threshold or DP),Feasibility of opening up waste shipment to disposal facility, etc.
- Fluency with English language (Written, Spoken)
- Bachelor Degree
- Eight (8) years of experience at radiation protection or radioactive waste management
- Understanding of characters of PWR stations in terms of radiation protection and radioactive waste management