Do you want to play a significant role in state of the art laboratories as a scientific researcher and team leader? You will be given the opportunity to join a worldwide Research & Development leader in the field of medical isotopes production.
Building on your background in the field of science and your experience in a research environment, you will be leading pioneering research initiatives and managing a growing team of scientists and technologists. Together, you will conduct experiments in state-of-the-art laboratories, in the areas of radioisotopes and radiopharmaceuticals for health applications.
This is a permanent position to be based in Chalk River, Ontario, Canada.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You will be identifying emerging market opportunities and supporting the execution of commercial projects
- Pro-actively working with business development to identify opportunities and lead R&D activities for commercial applications, in the areas of radiochemistry and pre-clinical evaluation of new therapeutics.
- Actively participating in short- and long-term planning of the branch and the health program.
- Providing scientific advice within the company and to external clients.
- Seeking and establishing collaborative research opportunities
- Delivering presentations at technical meetings, workshops, and conferences representing the company on major scientific and technological issues nationally and internationally.
- Leading initiatives and generating new research project proposals with appropriate resourcing and budgeting and ensuring the research scope is accomplished within these confines.
- Actively participating in short- and long-term planning of the branch and the health program, influencing the branches and company’s strategic technical direction in the field of low-dose radiation.
You will be managing a high-performing team of scientists and technologists
- Authoring and reviewing administrative, progress, scientific, and technical reports, including high quality reports for customers, as well as journal and project publications, to inform and support the federal priorities.
- Contributing to the results of the team’s scientific research and preparing research reports for publication in peer reviewed scientific literature, as well as research reports for internal and external customers.
- Generating publications in peer reviewed scientific literature.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out with due diligence relative to established Quality Assurance/Quality Control requirements, applicable environmental and safety regulations, and requirements (industrial and radiological), and company policies and procedures (including relevant labour contracts).
- A PhD degree in Chemistry or related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant working experience in the areas of Chemistry, Radiochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Organometallic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Nuclear Chemistry, or Biochemistry.
- Strong theoretical knowledge and practical experience in radioisotope production, separation chemistry, characterization and synthesis for radiolabeled materials and radiopharmaceuticals, is required.
- Experience in shielded facilities/hot cells and automation of processes is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to publish the results of his/her scientific research as lead or senior author in peer reviewed scientific literature.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a multidisciplinary environment and to various audiences, including shareholders and non-experts.
- 10+ years of supervisory experience in a research environment is required.
A more junior candidate may be considered also as the team is growing and we welcome applications from excellent Radiochemist professionals.
To be discussed with the candidate.