For one of our clients in Belgium, we are currently looking for multiple Radwaste and Decommissioning Engineers with nuclear industry experience and fluency in French or Dutch to work on multiple nuclear power plants and to offer their expertise in licensing, regulatory compliance support, and safety assessment. This role will be based in Brussels and can be open to different experience levels.
You participate in the preparation of bids, the studies, and the projects regarding radwaste management and decommissioning issues by:
- Developing in-depth expertise about treatment and conditioning systems of solid waste and liquid & gaseous effluents
- Specifying systems and/or equipment that meet clients’ requirements
- Being the contact with the equipment suppliers
- Establishing the equipment lay-out drawings with designers and draftsmen
- Following up with the contractors during the site commissioning phase
- Using computer codes developed for evaluating decommissioning costs
- Developing sensitivity studies with those codes, especially regarding radwaste management techniques and strategies implemented and their impact on the decommissioning planning and costs.
- Master’s degree in engineering with a strong will to develop your technical expertise
- 5 years’of experience in the nuclear industry and particularly in radwaste management and decommissioning
- Fluency in Dutch OR French and in English
- Ability to draw up reports in Dutch OR French and English
- Familiarity with the MS-Office software suite
- Autonomous and you like teamwork
- Willingness to provide guidance to less experienced colleagues