For a well known client operating in the United Arab Emirates, we are currently looking for a Reactor Engineering Advisor. This is a full-time position to be based in the UAE.
Manage the Core Monitoring and Fuel Integrity programs and the relevant processes, as well as technically support plant reactor engineering implementing these programs and processes. Manage the development and implementation of strategies to provide governance and oversight for all activities related to fuel safety and integrity for Nuclear Power Plant (NPP).
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Core and Fuel Management
- Establish long-term strategies for fuel and core management to set up a clear vision and long-term objectives for Reactor Engineering areas.
- Establish and implement a Functional schedule for Reactor Engineering to successfully achieve the key milestones of each unit including operational readiness preparation.
- Govern and manage the implementation of the core monitoring, fuel integrity programs and development of relevant processes and procedures to accomplish support of Integration Management System.
- Ensure quality of major plant and fuel management activities such as Fuel Handling, Fuel Receipt, Fuel Load, Initial Criticality, Low Power Physics Test (LPPT), and Power Ascension Testing (PAT).
- Monitor the core safety parameters and performance of NPP units to ensure safe operation of plant.
- Ensure reload core design and analysis is independently verified and validated to achieve safe and optimized plant operations.
- Ensure 3D core modeling software is properly managed and maintained to support core design verification and validation (V&V), reactivity management support, core shuffling, and decay heat calculation.
- Ensure all the experiences leant during any activities are documented and feedback to other units to prevent reoccurrence of events or enhance processes by standardizing the documents and trainings.
- Establish and validate long and short-term manpower management plan for plants to keep up knowledge and skill levels of engineers at all times.
- Ensure Fuel Reliability Program (FRP) is well established and implemented to achieve fuel defect free operation.
- Provide technical support on the ongoing fuel and core related issues to resolve any regulatory issues or technical issues.
- Oversee plant’s core design status and documents to ensure timely and accurate core design and analysis of each unit in every core cycle.
- Ensure the preparation, update, and facilitation of Failed Fuel Action Plan to close current and prevent future issues.
Support of Plant Organization and other Functions
- Support Safeguards team in preparing inspections, nuclear material accounting and reporting to successfully complete the local regulator and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) inspections and document submission timely manner.
- Manage the implementation of Reactor Engineering initiatives affecting all NPP units to ensure operational readiness.
- Provide documental and physical guidance to the plant organization in preparation and conduct of World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO) and Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) evaluations to ensure alignment with industry expectations and standards.
- Ensure timely support to Operations on Reactivity Management planning, control, and JITT (Just In-time Training).
- Oversee overall cycle management in cooperation with Work Management and Nuclear Fuel management to ensure operational and safety excellence.
Staff Training and Qualification
- Develop and oversee management expectations and communicate with departments to ensure high level of safety and reliability of fuels, core and systems.
- Review, validate, and monitor long term training and qualification plans to align with corporate vision or management goal to achieve high level of safety and performance on the fuel and core management.
- Monitor and consult to improve performance of each individual to ensure personnel are properly trained.
- Evaluate performance of individual staff to develop necessary training.
- Verify that training programs provide necessary technical knowledge and skills to ensure staff are properly trained and qualified for nuclear operations.
- Provide training feedback on program effectiveness with evaluation of operator performance to improve quality of staff training.
- Provide input into the development of the Division’s systems, processes and procedures, as well develop and implement the Department’s systems and processes, identifying potential areas of improvement to ensure efficient, effective, safe and risk-free operations as well as compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor, control and report Operational and financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to the Department, to track performance and recommend corrective or mitigating actions.
- Ensure that all relative reports are prepared timely and accurately, fulfilling reporting requirements and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Science
- 10-20 years of relevant experience (Reactor Engineering, Managerial role in Reactor Engineering)
- Staff development, start up projects in RE