This large scale and innovative project will have a direct and positive impact on the UK’s Net Zero target, as well as directly and positively impacting the community in which it is based.
The operational Risk Manager will support the project Director in a £50m+ turnkey project in England. The Risk Manager will oversee the organisation’s comprehensive insurance and risk management program, assessing and identifying risks that could impede the reputation, safety, security, or financial success of the organisation.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Establishes policies and procedures to identify and address risks in the project
- Conducts risk assessments on the project (on budget, schedule, safety, performance, environment…)
- Checks critical items such as schedule interfaces, supply-chain risks, manpower…
- Reviews and assesses risk management policies and protocols; makes recommendations and implements modifications and improvements.
- Recommends and implements risk management solutions such as project management rules, insurance, safety and security policies or recovery measures.
- Drafts and presents risk reports and proposals to project director, senior staff and the customer.
- Performs other duties as directed. Preparing risk management and insurance budgets
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks
- Demonstration of effective teamwork skills
- Demonstrate best practices of risk management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to react quickly and think on your feet
- Contractual agility with strong interests and good understanding of technical aspects.
- Ability to interface with customer on issues ranging from administration of the contract to all matters relating to the review and process of changes.
- Synthetic reporting skills in the frame of KPI reporting to the customer and project management.
This role is a contracting role, potentially until March 2023, and will be paid on a day-rate.