Our client, a major International provider of engineering, programme management and services require a Sales Manager to focus on new Business Development and Account Management of specialist equipment and services. This role maintains an opportunity for remote working, with travel expected across the UK (client and company sites.)
Supported by an incentive bonus and company car / allowance.
To identify, develop and secure sales of specialist equipment across the UK, developing the business from its current position to get an established foothold across the UK nuclear and non nuclear estate.
Position in Organisation :
The role will report to the Director of Field Services, liaising with key stakeholders across the global business such as Paris and sister companies in Germany, Czech Republic and Canada.
Key relationships externally will be with customers from across several sectors and backgrounds.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Build relationships with key clients, develop opportunities and identify other routes to market. This will enable a cross sell into Nuclear, non-Nuclear and Medical sectors.
- Support the development of Company Strategy documents e.g. Business Strategy
- Operate to the full requirements of the Company’s Marketing Procedures;
- Look at opportunities to develop new products and services
- Achieve Order Intake targets inline with the Business Development Managers targets
- Manage Contacts and Prospects via the company CRM tool, ensuring details are kept up to date.
- Liaison with other individuals and departments such as marketing, tendering and procurement; contribute towards quotations, proposals and tenders;
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the strategies and capabilities of key competitors and suppliers.
- Monitor Customer satisfaction and capture feedback, both formal and informal
- Self-motivated individual with experience of identifying potential opportunities through external clients via various industries
- Degree qualified or related work experience: ideally within a science or engineering discipline.
- Experience of sales of technical instruments, preferably radiological or alike
- Writing and developing quotations, proposals and tenders
- Account management experience to a high level