For a well-known client operating in the United Arab Emirates I am currently in search for a Scheduler to work on a nuclear new build project. The client is offering a 1 year contract with a possibility for extension.
Assist in the design of planned work and design-change packages. In this role define procedures, drawings, equipment and materials required to perform planned work packages. Individuals act as liaison with engineering department and/or vendors to coordinate activities.
• Conducts field walkdowns to identify and analyze corrective and preventative maintenance, modification, and surveillance activities
• Develops work standards to support work packages
• Provides guidance to more junior system planners or contractors to develop detailed elements of overall packages
• Develops computerized critical- path schedules for day-to-day maintenance activities as well as for refueling and maintenance outages
• Prepares and analyzes daily work schedules to optimize equipment availability and manpower usage and recommends appropriate modifications
• Publishes daily work schedules and monitors progress
• Documents schedule problems, maintains statistics and performs trend analysis
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Experience working with P6
• Project management experience
• Minimum of 8 years of scheduling experience in a nuclear facility
• Completion of a maintenance trade apprenticeship program with applicable trade experience, or engineering/nuclear plant operations experience