Our client is building real momentum on its journey to delivering a leading UK nuclear utility company, developing and constructing new nuclear power stations in the South West region. They deliver affordable, low carbon energy for present and future generations, with the first unit operating in the mid 2020’s.
Our client is combining the best of UK and global strengths: tried and tested technology; excellent sites and expert people. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in the complex challenge of delivering a sustainable energy future, and one of the largest civil infrastructure projects that the UK has seen.
Provide day-to-day support on all Civil Engineering matters, and deliver on discipline work plans that will be established by the Lead Civil Engineer. The post will involve working closely with the supply chain to enable and inform appropriate advice as well as ensuring transfer of knowledge.
- Deliver on the Civil Engineering work plans, as tasked by the Lead Civil Engineer
- Contribute to reports that provide discipline evidence or knowledge to underpin the claims and arguments made in the safety case and Horizon Nuclear Safety Principles
- Support the Lead Civil Engineer in documenting design claims, arguments and evidence with particular consideration to design basis and substantiation
- Support the Lead Civil Engineer in receiving and reviewing submissions for acceptance from the supply chain
- Facilitate and encourage transfer of knowledge and information from supply chain or SMEs to or within Horizon, in order to assist it in the licensing and permitting process and the establishment of its Intelligent Customer capability
- Comply with the Horizon Management System and where appropriate critically evaluate content, providing feedback for any improvement
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
- Chartered professional, or corporate membership of a relevant professional body/institution
- Experience of producing technical specifications, design basis and substantiation documents
Working Knowledge of one of the following aspects of Civil Engineering:
- Surface and foul water drainage system design to Sewers for Adoption
- Sustainable drainage systems
- Design of highways and estate roads;
- Utilities distribution (ducts) and reinstatements including multi-utility systems (NJUG)
- Car park layout, hardstanding and laydown areas
- Earthwork profiling
- Construction water management
- Pumping stations
- Potable water and fire water supply
- Standard forms of specifications (DMRB, SSHW, CESWI, MCH)