Our client a major international energy developer are looking for a role to support the Supply Chain Function within the Programme Delivery Teams providing the highest standards of Commercial Management.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key part in the Hinkley point C (multi-bn GBP) new nuclear development programme. These roles will be based on HPC site in Bridgewater.
The Senior Commercial Manager is a key role within the HPC Supply Chain Group with accountability to the Commercial Lead for the successful commercial delivery of one or more contracts. As such the Senior Commercial Manager is empowered to make decisions around the Principle Accountability areas, under the overall guidance of the above and in accordance with delegated levels of authority. The Senior Commercial Manager will be the primary point of commercial contact on the contract/s assigned to them and will be required to work closely and pro-actively with the other stakeholders at all levels and across all the teams within HPC to ensure that the requirements of the individual contracts and their impact upon the overall HPC Project are successfully delivered.
• The day to day management of Commercial Managers and/or Assistants under their control.
• Consideration of the nuclear baseline and distribution of nuclear safety significant responsibilities within the team.
• Providing support to the procurement process during the procurement phase (pre award).
• Managing a team in the commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post-award)
• Managing a team in the delivery of contract final account agreements (close out).
• The delivery of the contract(s) in accordance with HPC governance requirements to meet the HPC Project and business objectives.
• Professional development of self and people within the team.
• Ensuring that all Principal Accountabilities (see below) are implemented in accordance with HPC Commercial Procedures.
• Member of the RICS / CICES / IOB or equivalent professional body is (Essential)
• Educated to degree level (Essential)
• Effective commercial / contract management skills, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies
• Possesses skills to act as deputy
• Able to demonstrate a considerable track record of administering successful contracts
• Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of significant financial value
• Good understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management
• Track record with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential
• Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy
• Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework
• Demonstrable negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels.
• CEMAR and/or SAP experience.
• Member or progressing to member of RICS or CICES or IOB.
• An understanding of the UK Nuclear Regulatory Framework.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.