For one of our clients in Belgium, we are currently looking for an experienced Design Engineer for Seismic activities (Mechanical or Civil background). This would be an initial 1-year contract with the possibility to extend, to be based in Brussels.
This role would be part of the “Seism and Structural Integrity” department, that is in charge of the engineering and design of mechanical structure and components including seismic design in the field of the nuclear power plants and industries.
• In charge of the design and calculations of nuclear-related structures submitted to internal and external hazards (such as seismic load case).
• Perform structural analyses using FEM codes
• Participate actively to the dynamic analysis of nuclear structures and components to various hazards: earthquake, gas explosion, tornado, etc
• Participate to the writing of technical specifications (design requirements) and the review of technical documents issued by the Contractor
• Participate to walkdown in the NPP of Doel and Tihange in Belgium and on-demand on other sites (in Belgium or for short mission abroad)
• Mechanical or Civil Engineer with several years (at least 5 years) of experience in structural analysis and design
• Experienced in Seismic evaluation (SQUG, SMA, SPSA, etc)
• Familiar with international codes and standards (Eurocodes as well as American Standards such as ASME, ASCE, ACI, USNRC (SRP and RG), EPRI…)
• Able to predict the response of structures under static and dynamic loading
• With experience in general-purpose Finite Element and structural codes (such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, SYSTUS) for static loads or dynamic loads, in case of linear or non-linear analysis
• Have knowledge of nuclear domain and safety
• Have a background in seismic assessment of seismic category 1 structures and other structures
• Interested to become a high-level expert in this topic
• Good communication skill in English (mandatory), French and/or Dutch (an asset)
• Experience in the SQUG methodology and SMA, SPSA project are an asset
Anelia Koleva is a Senior Recruitment Consultant, specialised in the Continental European markets, with extensive nuclear experience across different countries, including new build, operations, decommissioning, and research reactors. Experience with senior and executive-level roles, both permanent and contract assignments.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.