Our client a leading international engineering company are seeking a Senior EC&I Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis in the South East.
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for:
- Project reporting to the Nominated Engineer and Project Manager
- Organisational reporting to Engineering Manager and Principal Engineer.
- Interaction with engineers of all disciplines, both internal and external
- Supervises support staff in delivery of work packages.
- Preparation of technical specifications and requirements in liaison with client and project or tender teams.
- Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications and requirements.
- Preparation, checking or approval of design calculations and reports for substantiation of designs.
- Active contribution to design & safety reviews (Risk Assessments & HAZOP’s) from technical standpoint.
- Production of project deliverables to schedule, budget and quality expectations.
- Management of design reviews to ensure solutions meet requirements.
- Preparation of installation, commissioning and operating documents.
- Interaction with project management and leads from other Engineering disciplines.
- Planning & allocation of work packages to members of the design team.
- Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design.
- Responsible for adherence to internal procedures and external standards and directives.
- Creating designs that are compliant with safety regulations (e.g. CDM and CE marking).
- Ensure safety of working environment via design.
- A recognised engineering qualification such as HNC / HND / Degree.
- Membership of a relevant Institution (e.g. IET)
- 10+ Years’ experience in the role of design in a nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry.
- Good knowledge of detail design and detailed drawing production within a high tech industry environment.
- Experience of leading teams within a project environment and the management of medium sized design teams in the delivery of scheme and detail design packages.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines & a strong team player attitude.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions.