For a well known client operating in Belgium Thomas Thor is currently in search of a Senior Electrical Design Engineer. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume.
As Lead Electrical Engineer you must be able to manage the various electrical aspects relating to Battery Energy Storage (BESS) or micro-grid with BESS projects, whether new build or retrofit.
- Provide electrical consultancy in the field of BESS and microgrid systems, including aspects related to generation units (diesel, PV, wind) and distribution system
- Evaluate and comment the technical documents issued by contractors and manufacturers
- Take charge or assess the design, renovation and optimization studies for BESS/microgrid electrical systems, in compliance with local and international standards and regulations.
- Set out the ratings of equipment, technical specifications and the general design of electrical systems, including generator, generator protections, generator breaker, power transformer, MV and LV motors, electrical auxiliaries.
- Take charge of the invitations to tender, the analysis and technical-commercial negotiation of bids as well as the awarding of contracts for the supply of electrical equipment or services.
- Take charge of the interface between the Asset owner and the grid operator from the feasibility study up to the commercial operation of project.
- Oversee the management of interfaces relating to other technical disciplines or with the customer’s installation
- Conduct a technical-commercial follow-up of contracts
- Take part in factory tests, in the supervision of on-site assembly and in commissioning tests for electrical equipment or systems
- Take part to consultancy mission, and in particular asses the remaining lifetime and general condition of the electrical equipment in existing installations
- Support the business development team by technical or technical-economical analysis and during meeting with prospect.
- Support the sales team for the technical methodology of offers
- With Master of electromechanical or electrical engineering (or equivalent), with minimum 10 years’ experience in the field of electrical power generation (conventional and/or renewable) or electrical distribution
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with Electrical Storage systems
- With proven experience in consultancy service and/or construction projects
- Experienced as lead engineer on at least two large projects
- Team player
- Willing to share your expertise with junior experts and able to coach them
- With eye for details and for meeting the client’s expectations
- Proficient knowledge of English, knowledge of French or Dutch is an asset
- Mobile and open to missions abroad (short or medium-term)
- Habilitation BA4 , BA5, VCA would be a plus
- Nuclear non mandatory