Our client, a Major Organisation within the Nuclear Industry, are currently seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team in the South West. The Senior Electrical Engineer will take responsibility for various technical aspects of the plant electrical design.
- Working closely with and supporting the team members to deliver the project and business objectives
- Developing a thorough understanding of the design and safety case of the reactor in a number of nominated technical specialist area(s) and providing definitive technical guidance to the organisation and beyond in these areas.
- Providing input and technical competence across a range of activities, including some or all of the following:
- nuclear and conventional power plant auxiliary electrical systems design and performance;
- design & specification of auxiliary electrical system equipment including: switch gear, transformers, batteries, chargers, UPS and emergency and standby power generation;
- design of cabling and cable systems for nuclear safety class applications;
- (400kV) grid interface design;
- Grid Code Compliance (technical and process);
- power system modelling and transient analysis of electrical systems;
- power system protection;
- earthing, bonding, and lightning & surge protection;
- lighting and small power and building services design;
- site construction supplies.
- Key deliverables will include some or all of the following:
- review of supply chain design documents and drawings;
- development and expression of client technical functional requirements though preparation and review of technical documents;
- determination and definition of specific aspects of electrical engineering technical policy;
- technical reports and memoranda;
- support to the development of engineering programmes and cost estimates and to technical risk identification and mitigation;
- presentations on electrical engineering design issues at stakeholder meetings;
- preparation and issue of technical meeting records;
- verification & checking of power system models prepared by others.
- Hold a degree or equivalent qualification in a suitable engineering or science subject
- Have knowledge and understanding across a broad range of nuclear power plant, or similar high integrity industries, electrical engineering issues
- Previous experience in the design, specification and safety substantiation of the design of electrical power systems
- Substantial previous experience within the power generation sector and knowledge of international electrical regulations, codes and standards
- Demonstrate experience in complex, multi-discipline engineering and design projects
- Strong communication skills and the ability recognise and balance the needs to multiple stakeholders
- Possess drive, commitment and enthusiasm, particularly for the further development of civil nuclear power in the UK.
- Operate in line with Client company values: Safety, Courage, Integrity, Collaboration and Inspiration
- Mobility and commitment to undertake business travel both within the UK and overseas as required
- Chartered Engineer Status