Our Client a Leading Engineering Organisation currently managing a major work package on the Hinkely Point C New Build Project are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to be based in the South West.
The successful candidate will take a lead role in a team of electrical engineers tasked with the development and resolution of the engineering requirement associated with the main cabling contract for the Hinkley Point C New Nuclear power station. Specific to this role is the requirement that all equipment and material being installed is “Qualified” to RCC-E rules, and site specific standards and environmental conditions.The qualification process is dependent on the audit-able trail of substantiating documents, for; design, supply chain engagement, manufactures assessment & control, lab test assessment & control. Along with the supporting documentation pack that achieves the requirements set out in the RCC-E.Duties will include the review and interpretation of the clients specifications followed by production of the appropriate documentation.
- Work within Design & Engineering team on the Qualification of equipment for Hinkey Point C.
- Maintain a collaborative attitude to maximise cooperation and shared learning with the other members of the (Electrical) Engineering team and our client.
- Production of documentation for the design, manufacture and testing of various items of electrical equipment.
- Production of documentation to substantiate the qualification of various items of electrical equipment.
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of risk and opportunity matrices.
- Ensure the engineering requirements of the project schedule are met to enable the respective milestones and key dates to be achieved.
- Maintenance of the appropriate quality management systems and records commensurate with a nuclear installation.
- There will be interfaces with the design & engineering team, other internal disciplines such as procurement, Quality Assurance, safety, planning, etc. plus, via the lead design engineer, design subcontractor and site construction teams.
- Take on a proactive role in the mentoring and development of engineers working within the team
- Experience working within highly regulated industries, preferably civil nuclear
- Experience working to stringent Quality Procedures
- Experience in clarification, compliance and implementation of standards (i.e. BS, BS EN, IEC)
- Experience of compiling documentation to support design substantiation
- An appreciation of NEC3 contract terms and conditions
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015, designer’s duties and an overall knowledge of site safety.
- Use of quality management systems appropriate to a nuclear installation
- Experience of Functional Safety
- 10 years’ experience, (alternatively 15 years’ design and engineering experience), in the field of major power projects
- Experience of site installations in order to identify and address both installation issues and opportunities at the design stage