We have a current opportunity for a Senior Fuel Handling Mechanical Design Engineer for a nuclear technology company. It’s a remote contract for a year with a possibility for extension.
In this role, you will create structural and mechanical design solutions, 3D CAD models and engineering drawings for the conceptual and preliminary design development of the Natrium Generation IV Reactor Fuel Handling Systems. Candidates must have extensive experience in mechanical/structural design and drafting using a mainstream CAD system, preferably SolidWorks.
* Create CAD models, optimized for anticipated future work, of conceptual and detailed designs in the area of nuclear fuel handling
* Maintain large, conceptual assembly models in support of varying performance analysis
* Create engineering drawings, applying ASME 14.1 and Y15.5 standards
* Check detail and layout drawings, verifying information is accurately represented and drafting standards are met
* Update and modify models and drawings based on changes required by engineering team
* Properly maintain drawing system integrity in product data management system
* Define modeling structure for large, complex design projects.
* Review group design standards and propose improvements.
Key Qualifications and Skills
* A minimum of seven years of CAD proficiency is required, SoildWorks preferred
* Demonstrated experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
* Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
* Experience in Mechanical and Machine Design, preferably in the area of nuclear fuel handling
* Experience using a product data management (PDM) system
* Organized and detail oriented
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker
* Ability to work with minimum direction to solve challenging problems
* Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week
* Nuclear design experience preferred but not required
* The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
Principal Recruitment Consultant with extensive recruitment experience working in Europe, US and MENA regions
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.