For a well known client operating in Abu Dhabi I am currently in search of a Senior Information Security SOC Specialist. This is a permanent position.
The individual in this role provides dedicated monitoring and advanced analysis capability for SOC operations. This is a 2nd tier technical role, responsible for conducting analysis, correlation and verification of security events, identifying malicious activity inside the perimeter of our client’s corporate environment. This role requires a deeply technical understanding of cyber-attacks and malware behavior. The Information Security Senior SOC analyst is also responsible for leading the technical incident handling and response, based on Information Security procedures and guidelines.
Security Operations Centre (SOC) events correlation and advanced analysis
- Review of events and potential issues raised by Tier-1 analysts team. In depth analysis, combining the use of indicators of compromise (IOCs), events and aggregated log data to identify malicious activity that could potentially compromise the confidentiality, integrity or availability of our client’s critical data.
SOC Incident handling and forensics
- Perform Information security Incident Handling, Response and Forensics support activities, in accordance with approved Information Security department procedures.
- Ensure that escalation of Information Security Incidents is properly performed.
Incident Response and Remediation
- Ensure to communicate and document all the actions agreed to respond to an Incident.
- Each incident will differ in terms of the appropriate remediation steps to take on the affected systems, but it may involve one or more of the following steps:
- Re-image systems (and restore backups)
- Patch or update systems (e.g. apps and OS updates)
- Re-configure system access (e.g. account removals, password resets)
HSE, Security and Continuity of Operation
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Division/Department/Section by delivery of the HSE Management Program to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them to one’s self, others and organization assets.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission-critical activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years’ experience, Diploma, Military or Police Academy graduate with 10 years’ experience, or High School with 12 years’ experience
Professional Certifications: Preferred CISSP, GCIH
- Incident handling and management
- Knowledge of information security frameworks and standards
- Communications Security Management
- Computer Network Defense
- Configuration Management
- Identity Management
- Information Assurance
- Information Resources Strategy and Planning
- Asset Management
- Information Systems / Network Security
- Information Security Architecture
- Risk Management
- Technology Awareness
- Vulnerabilities Assessment
- Respect for Safety and Security
- Integrity and Transparency
- Communication Effectiveness
- Results Focus: Working effectively and efficiently
- Customer Focus
- Excellent Timekeeping
- Good Report Writing