Our client a leading international engineering company are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer on a permanent basis in the South East.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is principally a design management based role with a significant degree of team leadership and management. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for delivering a significant package of work or a complete project. You will have experience in managing multi-discipline teams of engineers within a project environment. Senior engineers will be responsible for checking and approval of design deliverable as well as ensuring that designs meet codes and legislation.
- Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications and requirements.
- Prepare, check or approve supporting design calculations and design reports to substantiation of designs.
- Actively contribute to design & safety reviews (Risk Assessments & HAZOP’s) from technical standpoint.
- Preparation of technical specifications in liaison with client and project team.
- Deliver project deliverables to schedule and budget.
- Produce design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works, method statements, risk assessments, technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and those of the client
- Carry out design reviews on work packages under your control, ensure solutions meet requirements.
- Prepare installation, commissioning and operating documents.
- Manage requirements relating to project scope of work.
- Planning & allocation of work packages to members of design team in order to deliver packages of work
- Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design.
- Responsible for managing the quality of the output of their team or their own deliverables.
- Responsible for adherence to internal procedures and external codes, standards and directives.
- Managing project packages that are sub-contracted to third parties.
- Creating designs that are compliant with safety regulations (e.g. CDM and CE marking).
- Ensure safety of working environment via design.
- A recognised engineering qualification such as HNC / HND / Degree.
- Membership of a relevant Institution (e.g. IMechE; IET; IED)
- 10+ Years’ experience in the role of design in a nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry.
- Experience in design for manufacture.
- Good knowledge of detail design and detailed drawing production within a high tech industry environment.
- Experience of leading teams within a project environment and the management of medium sized design teams in the delivery of scheme and detail design packages.