Our client, an international innovator with the technology to transform the energy landscape, ushering in a new age of clean, low-cost energy for all, are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to support the scoping and delivery of key mechanical design packages.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will report to the Head of Engineering for one of the Stable Salt Reactor (SSR) development projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for the scoping and delivery of key mechanical design packages.
- Oversee the structural design of tanks and other mechanical components operating at high temperatures (in excess of 700°C) in a radiation environment
- Scope mechanical design and substantiation packages
- Support the Head of Engineering in determining ways to substantiate the functionality of the mechanical design
- Identify the appropriate codes and standards to provide substantiation
- Preparing and evaluating tenders for mechanical design and substantiation packages
- Manage the technical scope and quality of subcontracted mechanical design and substantiation packages
- Degree qualified mechanical engineer or related experience with significant number of years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Good working knowledge of civil engineering design practices and the interface between civil and mechanical structures
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate with team members and reach a consensus on the way forward
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Solid MS Office 365 skills
- Chartered engineer status would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in the use of engineering design and modelling tools including CAD an asset
The company’s mission is to bring SSRs to market as quickly as possible. To achieve this the role holder will need to be:
- A curious individual with the desire to understand the wider science and technical aspects of the technology.
- Delivery focused as well as being technically strong.
- An excellent team worker who will integrate well with other members of the team to make the ‘whole greater than the sum of the parts’ and ensure progress of the reactor design as a whole.
- An adaptable and flexible individual who will be comfortable in a rapidly growing and changing company.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering Design