Our client, a major nuclear developer require a Senior PMO manager to support a major UK nuclear programme, based in London on a permanent basis.
To lead the Programme Management Office for the power plant development programme with specific responsibility for project controls across all development workstreams and for establishing, monitoring and maintaining the programme management handbook.
- Prepare and implement the programme management handbook, detailing the programme management procedures and project control arrangements and systems (including schedule, cost and risk controls) for the development programme.
- Establish an integrated baseline plan for development programme(s) establishing a control baseline of scope, cost, schedule and risk against which progress and change can be monitored and controlled.
- Work closely with the Head of Project Management and project leads to ensure defined scope is sufficient to achieve development objectives and Final Investment Decision.
- Implement robust and efficient forecasting and reporting arrangements across the programme and lead the preparation of monthly project performance (incorporating functional/ departmental reports).
- Ensure that provision of management information to key governance meetings is fit for purpose and allows for robust challenge and assurance.
- Leadership of the Programme Management Office including performance management, training and development.
- Support the Director in monitoring, influencing, recording and reporting progress, risks and issues across the programmes of work.
- Support the Director in producing and implementing plans and strategies for performance improvement in project and programme management and controls across the programme.
- Support the Programme Director in preparing a comprehensive Delivery Strategy working closely with the Head of Project Management. The Delivery Strategy will set out the intended structure and arrangements for the construction/ implementation phase of the programme and demonstrate to both internal and external stakeholders how the chosen approach ensures overall delivery risk is minimised.
- Support leaders in the roll out of safety, quality and governance arrangements; acting as an advocate for cultural change and adoption.
- Significant experience of building and leading a Programme Management Office on a major capital project and/or large programme of similar complexity.
- Excellent programme management, project controls and organisational skills, which have been secured through practical experience appropriate formal qualification.
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject or able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Exceptional leadership skills, able to build strong working relationships, influence others and work collaboratively.
- Experience of leading change.
- Excellent presentation skills, able to communicate effectively and interact with senior leaders and executives.
- Experience of working in a multi-culture, international environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.